Join the LBC Crew!
We are currently hiring for the following position(s):
Strategic, smart, and savvy communicators wanted!
Our firm is growing, our work is dynamic, and our Crew is awesome! Interested in joining us, or know someone who would be a good fit? We are always looking for good people at all stages of their careers.
E-mail laurabishopPR@gmail.com with “Job Opportunity” in the subject line.
We’re in Hot Pursuit of an New Crew Member:
Position: Account Manager
Laura Bishop Communications (LBC) seeks a sharp, self-motivated Account Manager who is an exceptional writer with proven experience and success in media relations, proactive account management, client relations and digital communications.
Our firm is growing, our work is dynamic, and our Crew is awesome! Candidates must manage multiple projects simultaneously and be able to pivot as necessary to meet deadlines. They must enjoy variety in their work, from a day of writing behind a desk to a day of collaborating on a communications plan to on-site client meetings.
Laura Bishop Communications employees work from their home offices throughout the region. Our newest Account Manager must have the self-discipline to maintain his or her own full-time schedule, primarily during a typical business day. Flexibility is offered, and it is expected in return, including some evenings and occasional weekends, especially when managing a client issue or crisis. Some travel by personal car is required throughout New Jersey and the Greater Philadelphia Region to attend client meetings (including some evenings) and staff events. In addition to bi-monthly staff meetings, the firm schedules opportunities to work together and team-building activities. We know that our work is better when we support each other, so we connect throughout the day via email, phone, video chat and text, even when we are not working side by side.
- Demonstrated PR/strategic communications experience
- Exceptional writing skills – ability to deliver clear, concise and compelling content across various media – video and digital included – with a pesky eye for grammar
- Media savvy – successful in building relationships with regional media, drafting news releases, media advisories and pitches, and following trends and the day’s news to develop relevant story ideas
- Project management experience – a track record of managing projects and keeping a close eye on scope of work and deadlines to meet the communications goals of clients
- Self-motivated – able to work independently; proactive and driven to bring original ideas to the table and think “big picture”
- Detail-oriented – can retain and maintain accurate documents and files for clients and Laura Bishop Communications; can maintain detailed record of time on a daily basis to ensure targeted monthly hours are met for each client
- Innovative – has an eye on trends in the communications field and is willing to offer out-of-the-box approaches to meet clients’ communications goals; able to work with designers to offer clear direction and fresh ideas for flyers, postcards, video and social media and other collateral materials produced for clients
- Team player – willingness to pitch in to help Laura Bishop Communications fulfill all clients’ marketing communications/public relations missions, plans and timelines
The ideal candidate is a curious and calculated risk-taker, willing to continually challenge oneself. Experience with layout and design is a plus, but not required. Ditto for bilingual skills.
Laura Bishop Communications offers a flexible schedule, including ability to work from home, complemented by work-together and brainstorming sessions as well as bi-weekly staff meetings, generous PTO, paid holidays, an IRA, office annual equipment/furniture/technology allowance and travel reimbursements. The successful candidate will join a small team of highly qualified and energetic professionals who are as committed to the company’s culture and their co-workers as they are to their clients. He or she will have direct access to the managing principal with opportunities for professional development and advancement with this rapidly growing company.
The LBC Crew is strategic, smart and savvy. If you want to work with us, e-mail a resume and a cover letter with salary requirements to laurabishopPR@gmail.com. Salary commensurate with experience. Put “Account Manager” in the subject line.
Make your next move.
Give us a call or drop us a line.
LBC will customize a strategy to meet your needs.