Join the LBC Crew!
We are currently hiring for the following position(s):
Public Relations/Digital Communications Intern
Public Relations/Strategic Communications Firm
Laura Bishop Communications
Laura Bishop Communications is a communications firm recognized for its strategic, smart and savvy approaches to meeting the needs of its clients through media relations, social media, community engagement, crisis/issues communications, editorial (print and online) and school bond referenda campaigns. The South Jersey-based firm works with for-profit and not-for-profit clients in such fields as banking, food and beverage retailing, automotive and senior living with a niche practice in the education field.
Position: Intern (Full-Time or Part-Time)
We are seeking a sharp, creative, self-motivated Intern, who is an exceptional writer, with experience and interest in social media monitoring and management, graphic design, and media relations. Proficiency in Canva design platform is heavily preferred, but not required.
Our firm is growing, and our work is dynamic. Candidates must manage and/or support multiple projects simultaneously and be able to pivot as necessary to meet deadlines. They must enjoy variety in their work and always strive to confidently share creative approaches with coworkers and clients.
Laura Bishop Communications employees work from their home offices throughout the region. Our newest Intern must have the self-discipline to maintain his or her own schedule, primarily during a typical business day. Flexibility is offered, and it is expected in return.
The firm encourages working together via Zoom or small group working sessions. We know that our work is better when we support each other, so we connect throughout the day, via email, phone and text, even when we are not working side by side.
- Availability – time to commit at least 10 hours a week to the firm
- Experience – previous internship or coursework in public relations and/or digital communications, and a desire to learn by doing
- Artistically/Visually-inclined – proficient in graphic design; ability to visualize and identify opportunities for improved graphics on a variety of mediums (social media, website, newsletters, handouts and other collateral materials, etc.)
- Media savvy – ability to utilize databases and search functions to identify local media and compile media lists, and an understanding of “newsworthy” elements as a strong foundation for drafting news releases, media advisories and pitches
- Innovative – has an eye on trends in the (digital) communications field and is willing to offer out-of-the-box approaches to meet clients’ communications goals;
- Exceptional writing skills – ability to deliver clear, concise and compelling content across various mediums – digital included – with a pesky eye for grammar
- Self-motivated – able to work independently; proactive and driven to bring original ideas to the table
- Detail-oriented – can retain and maintain accurate documents and files for clients and Laura Bishop Communications; can maintain detailed record of time on a daily basis
- Team player – willingness to pitch in to help Laura Bishop Communications fulfill all clients’ missions, plans and timelines
Compensation and Benefits
Laura Bishop Communications offers a flexible schedule, including ability to work from home, complemented by work-together and brainstorming sessions as well as staff meetings. The successful candidate will join a small team of highly qualified and energetic professionals who are as committed to the company’s culture and their co-workers as they are to their clients. He or she will have direct access to the managing principal with opportunities for professional development and advancement with this rapidly growing company.
Starting pay for the Intern position is $15/hour, with the opportunity to grow into a full-time employee. Interns must have their own personal computing device.
E-mail a resume and a cover letter to laurabishopPR@gmail.com. Put “Intern” in the subject line. Please include availability in terms of desired hours per week and days/times when you are able to work.
Make your next move.
Give us a call or drop us a line.
LBC will customize a strategy to meet your needs.